The Sofia-based manufacturer and provider of IoT and smart home solutions Allterco announced the acquisition of 60% of the Slovenian IoT company GOAP. The price of the transaction for this 1st stage of the deal amounts to EUR 2 million. The remaining 40% are subject to an Option Agreement that was signed.
With the deal, Allterco aims to expand its home automation product portfolio for end customers and enterprises. Among the company’s products are Shelly smart relays for remote control of lights, electrical appliances, sensors and home energy consumption monitoring, as well as the child GPS-GSM watch MyKi and MyKi Auto and MyKi Spot smart truckers created to track automobiles, cargo, and pets.
To further accelerate its growth, Allterco has selected Dublin, Ireland, as the base for its latest R&D hub.
The software company Luxoft to open a tech hub in Sofia, where a new team of 200 developers will work on the company’s joint project with Mercedes-Benz Group. The new department will develop in-vehicle infotainment systems (IVI) for autonomous vehicles. These are installed in the latest Mercedes A-class models. The office will also be responsible for software testing and validation activities.
Luxoft started operations in Sofia in 2014. The office is responsible for the development of solutions for the fintech sector and the automotive industry.
The Sofia-based health-tech startup FindMeCure received new funding from angel investors and its previous investor – the international fund TechStars. The amount of the deal remains undisclosed, but the company announced its intention to invest in strengthening its position in the US market and expanding its team of experts in sales, marketing and software engineering.
The company develops two clinical research platforms – FindMeCure, which helps patients access and apply for clinical trials, and TrialHub, a B2B clinical trial planning software. Both platforms are on a mission to bring research closer to patients and bring innovative treatments to market faster, avoiding the delays that clinical trials typically cause. The startup’s long-term vision is to become a B2B2C platform that enables better decisions in life sciences while helping patients around the world gain faster access to appropriate treatment.
Electric vehicle charging infrastructure management leader Ampeco has raised $16 million in venture capital in a Series A investment round led by BMW i Ventures. The company to invest the funds to strengthen its market position in North America and enlarge its engineering and product teams.
Founded in 2018 in Sofia, Ampeco has its own software solution for the management of charging stations. Its software is used worldwide by charging station operators, energy companies, gas stations, telecoms, businesses with a large electric fleet, etc. The company’s platform is used on 6 continents and helps over 40,000 charging stations.
The Swedish company Trelleborg started the construction of a new production facility at the Trelleborg Sealing Solutions Bulgaria plant in Pernik. The company is a world leader in polymer solutions for sealing and protection and has been operating near Sofia for 10 years. Its solutions are featured in applications for a wide range of market segments: Aerospace, Agriculture,
Automotive, Food and Beverage, and many more. The new building will allow for expanded production. It is located close to the current facilities of the company, which employs over 200 people.