PrEXCELerator Bulgaria admitted 12 participants with technology start-up ideas in its first edition for 2019 which launched on June 24. All but one of the selected participants are from Sofia.
This is the first pre-acceleration environment in Bulgaria targeting three groups of start-up companies:
(1) Start-ups in the stages proof-of-concept & minimum viable product (MVP);
(2) Distressed start-ups looking for a way to pivot in a protected environment;
(3) Start-ups who want to move from the validation phase to the fully operational phase as an independent legal entity.
The ideas approved for the June edition of PrEXCELerator Bulgaria are in the following areas: PropTech, HRTech, EduTech, Creative Industries, Social Digital. The start-up solutions involve the use of virtual and added reality (VR & AR), match-making platforms, machine learning & data science, artificial intelligence (AI), etc. A large number of projects combine at least two digital technologies to implement the envisioned solution.
Only one of the start-ups has a solution that will be limited to development in Bulgaria. The other projects have international potential and imply global application.
The first pitching session, part of the pre-accelerator programme, has already taken place. The event was held on July 8 at Puzl CowOrKing in Sofia and the start-ups could meet with industry experts and innovative entrepreneurs – members of the Advisory Boards of PrEXCELerator.
Upon ending its participation in PrEXCELerator Bulgaria, each start-up will:
– be able to make an informed choice between several funding options accessed through the pre-accelerator ;
– be directed towards an international partner of PrEXCELerator for business development;
– have a team (in cases where the start-up is represented by an individual participant with an idea and who is the only founder in the company);
– be fully prepared to pitch its project to investors at a high level;
As the start-ups demonstrated a great interest in the opportunities offered by PrEXCELerator Bulgaria, the pre-accelerator has just opened a second application window for the autumn session of the programme, which will start on October 31.
PrEXCELerator Bulgaria provides solutions tailored to the specifics of each individual start-up for:
– international business development in the UK, Germany and Austria for start-ups with ideas with international potential;
– the areas of PropTech & ConTech, BioTech (Life science), Social Digital, EduTech, Industrial Engineering & Manufacturing;
– access to international mentoring and start-up resources for female entrepreneurs;
More information on the pre-accelerator and how to apply can be found at https://prexcelarate.eu/ or by visiting one of the following open events in Sofia with international mentors:
September 24 | How Crowdfunding solves the funding issue of startups with Toke Portal, Hungary
September 26 | How to Build a fully-remote company with Prophecy Labs, Belgium
September 26 | Holistic Digital Marketing, or How we work in Western Europe and CEE with Top Ideas.Digital, Austria
October 22 | Negotiations for Startups with Strategy+ Business Lab, Bulgaria
If you are interested in the PropTech & ConTech industry, you can download the first report on Bulgarian technology solutions in the sectors of construction, real estate management, property management and facility management.
Bulgaria: PropTech & ConTech Mapping Report 2019 is developed by Strategy + Business Lab – a corporate consulting laboratory for companies in Bulgaria and Europe and organizer of PrEXCELerator Bulgaria.